Looking and feeling good are mutually exclusive.
After all, if we take care of our bodies physically and mentally, this will soon begin to show on the outside.
From improving the clarity of your skin to making your eyes brighten, here are 5 simple things you can do every day to boost your health, wellbeing and appearance.
First things first, any form of frequent exercise is beneficial for your body and mind, whether you prefer to do HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workouts or go for a brisk walk.
Some of the pros include:
- The release of feel-good hormones called endorphins
- Improved sleep
- Strengthened bones
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Lowered blood pressure
- Increased energy levels
Plus, getting your heart rate up and improving blood circulation can help deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin. This promotes collagen production and new skin cells, resulting in healthy, glowing skin.
And if you can exercise while it’s sunny outside? Even better! Sun exposure provides you with those mood-enhancing vitamin Ds, which also boost the immune system. Win-win.
2. Stay Hydrated
Drinking water throughout the day helps your body to stay hydrated, thus improving mental clarity.
It also helps with:
- Weight loss, by enhancing your metabolism, curbing your hunger cravings and making you feel fuller
- Energy levels, by reducing fatigue, boosting your physical performance and improving concentration
- Skin appearance, by clearing acne, improving elasticity and preventing wrinkles
According to Healthline, you should aim for eight 8-ounce glasses a day, which is about half a gallon of water. This is called the 8x8 method—and is a good rule of thumb for the average person to stay well-hydrated.
3. Eat Superfoods
Eating a varied, balanced diet is another secret to looking and feeling good on a daily basis.
That said, there are certain superfoods you should try to implement into your diet, such as:
- Blueberries, which are rich in antioxidants, fibre, and vitamin A and C and boost cardiovascular health
- Spinach, which contains potassium, vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids, reducing your risk of heart disease and stroke
- Walnuts, which are full of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, decreasing inflammation and promoting a healthy gut
- Black beans, which boost brain power
- Oats, which are a great source of fibre, especially for breakfast
For best results on the outside, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, reduce your sugar intake and steer clear of processed foods that contain preservatives and added sugar, sodium and fat.
4. Review Your Day
As well as taking care of yourself physically, you need to take care of your mental health to look and feel better.
At the end of every day, spend five minutes writing down three things you are grateful for. This helps to put a positive spin on your day, even if it’s been a bad one, and allows time for self-reflection.
You could also choose to meditate during this period to reduce stress, relax your whole body and calm your mind in preparation for sleep.
5. Do Something You Enjoy
Lastly, as humans, we often wear our emotions on our sleeves. In other words, if you aren’t feeling happy inside, it will show on the outside.
By doing something you enjoy every day and taking some time for you, this can instantly boost your mood.
Whether it’s playing with your pet, watching Netflix or taking a long, hot bubble bath, indulge in an activity that makes you smile and your day will feel brighter as a result.
Committing to Looking and Feeling Good Every Day
If you haven’t already introduced these 5 straightforward things into your daily routine, we suggest you do so. (Fast!)
Together they will make you look and feel happier and healthier so that you can ultimately live your best life.